Affects Version/s: 2.0 final
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
intel i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
Java JDK 1.6.0_26 64-bit
This is an issue in Grails 2.0.0 running on Windows 7 64-bit.
Whenever I make any change in a controller class, the code reload does not work (the change does not take effect) even though in the console, it says "Compiling 2 source files." I need to restart my local grails instance to let the new change take effect.
I tested this on my other laptop running on Mac OS X Lion, and it does NOT have the same issue. So it must be something related to Windows-specific.
I have included a sample project that has a bare-bones Model class and controller with its scaffolded views. I added one line of code (log.info statement) in the list method of BookController.groovy.
1) on Windows 7, unzip the reload-fail.zip
2) run grails-app in command line
3) once server is up, go to http://localhost:8080/reload-fail/book/list in browser
4) in the local server console log, you will see a log message with "INFO fail.BookController - in list method."
5) change line 14 in grails-app/controllers/reload/fail/BookController.groovy to be: log.info("in list method.2")
6) save the change in the controller.
7) reload http://localhost:8080/reload-fail/book/list in browser
8) local server console log still displays "INFO fail.BookController - in list method." and not "INFO fail.BookController - in list method.2"