Resolution: Not A Bug
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Windows XP Professional; Encountered this problem with Grails 1.3.2 and 1.2.2, using Groovy 1.7.3
Following the instructions on Grails Maven Integration, I created a new project using the maven archetype.
The archetype completes successfully and after I execute mvn initialize my directory structure has a familiar Grails feel to it along with a pom.xml file. Initially, I encountered dependency errors I was able to work through with the 1.2.2 version of the plugin/grails/archetype that I did not encounter when I tried with the 1.3.2 version. Eventually, I had both builds failing with the same message:
When I use the grails command directly:
I did not encounter this problem, even though the same task was apparently executed here as well:
The output right before the build failed was:
After some additional digging and reading through some work a coworker had done, I was able to work around this problem by modifying my grails-app\conf\Config.groovy file and setting grails.enable.native2ascii to false.
I did not encounter this problem when I used the grails run-app command directly, even though the output indicated that it made the same [native2ascii] call.