Affects Version/s: 2.0 final
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:osx 10.6.8, grails 2.0.0 from macports
I use grails by starting the grails shell
and then issuing commands from there: like "run-app"
If I need to stop the app, then I type "exit"
However if I type "exit" when the app is not currently running,
then I get thrown out of the grails shell.
Aka, the "exit" command does work in two completely different ways.
I'd like to suggest:
- "exit" should always exit the grails shell
- "stop" should be used instead for stopping the app
I'd also like to suggest some aliases:
- "start" should be an alias for "run-app"
- "run" should be an alias for "run-app"
- "restart" should be an alias for "stop" followed by "start"
- "stop-app" and "restart-app" might be useful for consistency
As a side note,
I tried hard to implement "restart" in terms of the current infrastructure,
but it was not as easy as one might think...